Friday, August 1, 2008

"Broken Teeth"

Thursday = park day at the Whiting Household. A much anticipated day for all on the premises here...the boys looking forward to the jungle gyms, swings, slides, dinosaur to ride like they are true cowboys on a bull, and endless space to run wild....and of course a day for Mom to sit, relax, and enjoy the conversation with girlfriends. On this particular Thursday we added one more kiddo to our park day fun. Little Steven. The boys had so much fun running, climbing, sliding, and doing what boys do best...I think this may have topped the list of the best park day ever for Mr. JCrew. None of them wanted to leave BUT when you have an 18 month old crying and add a couple of mischievous boys that are inimitably tired as well its time to go! So, with promises of an overnight stay we dropped lil Steven off with Grandma Flake for a little quite time and to let me get prepared for Crews 1st friend sleepover and he just had to have it be the best!!! We get home, change the "little mans" diaper, get drinks, fill a bottle, and we are good for nap time....that is until Crew begins telling me what is troubling him. Our conversation: Crew- "Mom, I am sad at Steben." Shanda - "Talk to me, why are you sad at Steven?" Crew- "I am sad at Steben because (a very worried sigh) he has broken teeth. Mom, (with a little pause then huge sigh, again) I don't want broken teeth like Steben." I just about died and then the remainder of the conversation consisted of me explaining that everyone looses their teeth and new teeth grow in and every detail there is to know about the tooth fairy. This kid kills me....he was very concerned for "Steben" and his "Broken Teeth." The innocence of children is priceless. Later that night when the boys where in the midst of their overnight party I would hear little conversations between the two of them regarding Stevens teeth....these boys are hilarious!!!

1 comment:

DeWitts said...

Shanda! I love your blog and i always give it a little peek and i never get the chance to leave a comment but today i found some time! Your boys are so dang cute and love all the little stories you tell about them. They're so funny! Keep in touch! Marti