Monday, August 11, 2008

Midnight Lullabies


Midnight lullabies, our definition: sweet soothing songs with which to lull a child to sleep amidst the dark hours of the night. One of my favorite things and one of the reasons my heart grows fonder for my husband is his ability to sooth our boys with primary songs mid-night when they wake from a bad dream, are not feeling well, or are scared when we stay in a new place. Although his pitch may be off, Big J may not be able to hit the right notes, and he may not get a golden ticket from Simon Cowell, it is his voice, his sway, his arms, that comfort is found for his family. It is another love of mine when he tells me to "just go back to sleep, I'll take care of the boys," but instead I listen for his sweet sound that omits our home with safety and slumbers our children back to the world of dreams. He has the "Golden Touch" of a fathers lullaby. Thank you for singing us to sleep. Love, Us.

2 comments:

CASSIE said...

AHH..MELT MY HEART! HOW SWEET IS HE! I LOVE IT!

Stewart & Sheila Smith Family said...

Sweet! Ya know I love to here Dad sing too! Not always on key, but Oh so sweet especially those primary songs. So can relate to al you have said.