Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Another Year Older & Wiser Too.....

Birthdays....ugh. A day that was once looked forward to is now a day of self pity. Shanda and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day...the 'Terrible' = 'Mother Nature' gracing me with her presence, the 'Horrible' = another year older & not feeling much wiser too, the 'No Good' = cramping, bloating, & did I mention 'Mother Nature'!?! , and the 'Very Bad Day' = yeah, you guessed it...'Mother Nature.' (she can be so unkind). Turning 26 just happened. My poor husband was blessed with my wrath and ungraceful demeanor Wednesday morning...the poor guy didn't stand a chance!!! He had made breakfast, bought flowers, made a little coupon book to dispense at my will, had the boys dressed and ready for the day, let me sleep in, and of course the best present...$$$ to do as I pleased. BUT what did I do...no details...lets just blame good ole 'Mother Nature' for acknowledging her presence. The day went on as usual. Big J went on to work, Mom cleaning up the house & the boys destroying it in the same instant, and the hours & minutes that create our daily chaos in the Whiting Home was well under way. Until we get a knock on the door...relief was here! Jaymi and the girls came walking in the door with a HUGE bouquet of roses (from Jason) and gave me a dose of exactly what I needed....a day to myself. No kids, no crying, and no repeating myself 100+ times in a day sounding like a broken record in attempt to maintain some structure around this place. Thank you Jaymi for being inspired or crazy (you decide) for taking on our mess. The day continually got better (besides the annoyance of bathroom trips). Shopping was fabulous mainly because I wasn't having to manage a kid on my hip, the other asking to buy him everything under the sun, while attempting not to loose my marbles in public. Thanks Jaymi for my day out. Dinner was even better with friends and family and the best was coming home to even more friends, surprises, ice cream cake, and late night reminiscing and laughing about the day, the past, and good times spent together....I guess turning 26 wasn't so bad after all.


1 comment:

Stewart & Sheila Smith Family said...

Some Birthday's are just like that - Why Iam not sure. It was fun to go to dinner with you and eat cake too. Can't believe my baby is now 26 - kinda scary! Love you Shanda more than you know!