Sunday, July 13, 2008

Out of the Mouth of Babes....

"What the Hell!?!...its PINK!" As quoted by our favorite 4 year old. This past weekend Big J and I uprooted the boys from their room (along with all their valuables...cuddly blankets, Crews "special" cars, the pacifier, and ALL the things our boys just cant do without) and moved them into the guest room while we started "the project." Painting the fellas wall RED (which, those of you that have attempted this feat know it can be a long process). And of course we had two, more than eager, little boys that wanted to help splatter red over the wall. So, we let them help...more like let Crew help (supervised of course...we wouldn't let that kid loose on his own with a paint brush soaked in red paint) while Trip peeked at us through his crib. While taking a break and watching Mom & Dad paint it was sputtered from his lips.... "What the Hell...its PINK!" On the verge of laughing out loud Jason took hold of the reins, so calm and collect, while I had to hide my smile that cracked on my face from all visibility from our little man, and explained to him "don't worry it'll dry red." Clear on that confirmation (and the stern talking to about not saying the "Hell" word and why) Crew was satisfied with that answer and he continued on worry free from having a PINK wall in his room. Good Times, Good Laughs, and makes for even better Memories!!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Thats hilarious! I was laughing so hard! I don't know that I could have held my laughing.

taytum said...

Out of the mouths of babes.....hahaha! I love kids!

Stewart & Sheila Smith Family said...

Laughing still. Out of the mouth of babes! And where do they hear that - Hum! I wonder! Crew is difinetly a RED boy!