Tuesday, September 11, 2007

...A few of My Favorite Things.....


Okay, so I am usually not a big reader, in fact, not at all BUT I thought I should try and get more into reading since it is very good for you and helps stimulate your brain. I need this because sometimes I feel so forgetful and a little out of touch w/ the adult world (since my days are filled with Transformers, Diego, and well you get the picture.) Julie (Jason's little sis) told me about the LDS author who lives here in Arizona. Her book is called Twilight and she has 2 other books that come after this one and is working on the 4th. So, with a little (maybe more than a little) encouragement from her, I thought I should read it. It was so good that I could not put it down. I finished it in just a couple of days and borrowed the 2nd book from my sister-in-law. (thanks Julie) She has already read the 1st and 2nd books and I'm sure probably finished with #3 by now. I on the other hand have just finished #2 New Moon and am picking up Eclipse tomorrow! Anyways if you are looking for a good book to read I highly recommend this one. It's not a scary book. It captures you in and you just have to know what is happening at all times. A few times I just wanted to jump to the back of the book to find out what happens but I realized quickly that I have kids crying and a hungry husband! So coming from a person who is not a huge reader....doesn't read nearly at all........ you should really read this one. Looks like a found a new hobby!
Thanks Julie!!! I will never doubt you again :)




1 comment:

Brittney said...

Hi Shanda. This is Dusty's wife Brittney. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I think I have met you like once but a long time ago. but Dusty says hi. And I have to say I am not a reader at all but my sister got me to read these books and I absolutely loved them:) Did you know they are actually making movies now for these books? I hope they are good. But it was good to hear from you.