Monday, April 20, 2009

Batter Up...

The "Man" had his very first ever T-Ball game. Let me just say, I think us parents are into this game just as much (if not more) than our rebels that storm the field. What’s most important to me at this moment is his enjoyment (he's only 5, I can't expect him to be hitting dingers out of the park yet)…but he’s bound to get pretty good at it IF he gets a taste for it. I know he is the kind of kid, who once, hooked will not stop til he’s mastered it. Whatever it is. The entire point of him playing is so he can learn if he likes it or not. Now truthfully, I probably talked it up a bit to him…you know something along the lines of “Mommy likes to play softball …don’tcha wanna play ball like Mommy?” Because I would much rather him play something I know a little about rather than be involved in something I can’t help him with…Like Chess or Basket Weaving. However, if after the season is over he doesn’t want to play again, I won’t force him (but encourage him to try try again)...but I am sure we won't have a problem with that...the game was a success! Way to go get 'em #9.

No comments: