Monday, June 30, 2008

Whiting Homestead

Camping...a verb that I despise. A grin and bear it activity that I throw the towel in and let Big J win at least once a year(twice IF he is REALLY lucky). We spent the weekend at the Whiting Homestead and let my little fellas (this includes Jason) pretend to be "Mountain Men" riding around on 4-wheelers, late nights playing cards, nature walking, nature seeing, getting dirty, along with the other activities 'camping' has to offer. The boys ALL had a great time being rough and tough rendezvous "Mountain Men" for the weekend and mom hung in there on one of her last strands of sanity for the 72 hours we spent "roughing it" in the wilderness at the Homestead. My home was a great site for my sore eyes.....my shower was even better!




3 comments:

M said...

Oh! We are going to the Whiting Homestead in a few weeks. I am going to miss my shower also.

Stewart & Sheila Smith Family said...

WEll I didn't see one unhappy face in any of those pictures. You are Lucky to have a place to go to camp.

taytum said...

I have never been a big fan of the whole camping thing. But it looks like you survived and the boys had an awesome time, so it seems to be a successful trip!