Wednesday, June 4, 2008

One Tough Cookie

Last Thursday night I had a Church Softball game. What that translates to a little 4 year old named Crew is: cheer for mommy for 2 sec. then go play on the playground (while mom is praying our little dare devil doesn't get into too much mischief and hopes Dad doesn't get too preoccupied in the game and forget to check up on our little handful!) Needless to say, this is what I found midway through the game: Crew sitting next to Jason in the stands cheering for mom...what? That's not normal he is usually scouring playground equipment BUT it looked like dad had it under control so no worries. Game over...no need to mention the score...we got creamed....Crew came running up to me and says very calm and collect, almost as if it was an annoyance, "Mom, I think I need a band-aide." What the!?! Moms first instinct: a little panic...BUT then again this is Crew....he is as tough as rocks....Mom isn't. I felt his pain for him. We went home, got it cleaned up and he proceeds to tell me, "Mom, I don't need a band-aide...I'm a Big Boy...Trips a baby and I'm a Big Boy." (as if I needed any clarification on who was the Big Boy in the house) Crew is one tough cookie!!! My boys, what would I do without them!?!

5 comments:

Becca said...

Yaaaaoooouch! Connor and Liv send a big get better booboo kiss to Crew. Connor says be careful CREW! Liv said Get better Crew!

Teresa :) said...

hey Shanda. We havnt seen you forever. We need to do another girls night party. If I host one will you come? Let me know. I wish I had tough children. My kids cry over every owie they get. haha

Lisa said...

WOW!!! what a tough bug!!! That is so cute of him. We miss you guys!! We should still plan a utah trip or something of the sorts with cousins.

Stewart & Sheila Smith Family said...

Just remember he is a little boy still and it is okay if he is not tough! Mom

taytum said...

Boys are just so different from girls! I hope I have a rugged, tough little guy like yours!