Friday, August 14, 2009

Sonic Bandit

The Plan: take the rebels to the park to celebrate our 1st days back to school. The Story: we arrive at the park, early evening, along with many other families that seemed to have the same plan as us. Kids ran around laughing, playing, and recognizing one another from classes, to the playground, to bus rides home. All is well, that is until Dun...Dun...dun...I catch a glimpse of my son, Trip, eyeing a near by picnic table loaded with an innocent families dinner from Sonic. I think nothing of it other than hmmm...we should pick up dinner after we leave. I do a double take as I hear laughter coming from Trip's recent location...our little rebel had sprinted towards the table, taken it upon himself to climb into the middle of their table to feast on their leftovers!!! Humiliated (and killing from laughter inside) I run over to table apologizing...thank goodness the victims were more than welcoming to invite the "Crasher" to dinner with them. So next time you bring your meal from Sonic to the park...beware of the "Sonic Bandit" that may be stalking the playground!!!

2 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

That's so funny!
Our little family LOVES Sonic.

Stewart & Sheila Smith Family said...

LOL you didn't tell me about this one Shanda p- Oh My Gosh I am still laughing.