Wednesday, October 22, 2008

2A.M. Play-Date


12:00A.M. - Jason & Shanda roll into bed

12:01A.M. - Jason snoring

1:00A.M. - Shanda tossing and turning

1:30A.M. - Crew running through the room to go potty just making it in time.

1:50A.M. - Shanda finally doses off

2:00 Freakin' A.M. - Trip learns a new trick and climbs out of his crib stands in the doorway of my room and says "Hi, Mom!" and takes off running through the house.

2:30A.M. - Trip back in bed...Shanda thinks to self, "and so it begins..."

3:00A.M. - Crew walks in hauling everything but the bed frame itself into the room and complains, "Trip is being naughty...can I sleep with you?"

3:30A.M. - Crew is snoring in sync w/ Big J while Shanda & "The Midnight Misfit" go head to head.

4:30A.M. - Dosing off for the 2ND time sighing a breath of air into the pillow when....a little angry fist hit the bedroom door wanting "Mama!"

4:31A.M. - Jason waking up for the first time last night, puts the "misfit with a cool new trick" back to bed and FINALLY Shanda gets the blessed sleep she needs (well at least a few hours or so)....until we had to get up and get Crew to school. I am so looking forward to nap time today!

3 comments:

Hallie said...

I hope you got your nap yesterday! It sounds like you are in need of a crib tent! :) I remember all too well those nights of Kanton waking up ALL night long when he figured out how to get out of his crib. Good luck, I hope you get some sleep!

Maui Mamma said...

Shandra, we have not really talked, but reading your cute cute blog makes me realize that we have a lot in common. Just got my older kids out of our bed when the baby was born. I even remember being huge preggers and all 4.5 of us in a queen. Needless to say I was squished. It will get better but I can't say how long it will take... mine are 7 5 and 6 weeks....

Ginee`

Stewart & Sheila Smith Family said...

Boy do you bring back memories to this Mom. Hang in there - it is ALL worth it. Love you and I won't bug you so you can have your nap! grin. Mom