Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Ladies Man



The sweetest thing happened yesterday. As if I couldn't imagine my little man to be any more butch, Mr. JCrew learned a way to a woman's heart. I was at my wits end trying to maintain the quietness of our home while Trip was taking his afternoon nap BUT two boys (the infamous Crew and best bud Tanner) insisted on fighting, wrestling, karate chopping/kicking, and screaming out an occasional warrior cry. On the brink of losing my insanity and saying "SHHHH" "Be quite" and countless bargaining chips and threats, my discipline failed me. So I ordered them outside to regain what sanity I had left in me. I sat on the couch holding my breath for the moment they would come barrelling through the back door. 10 minuets of peace went by and then it happened...the back door flung open and Crew was yelling "Mom". My silence was broken. Just as I was jumping up from my seat my little man came running around the corner with a handful of dandelions.


Crew: Look mom! I picks them! I picks them for you!


Shanda: You picked them for me!?!


Crew: Yeah, I get you flowers.....just like dad.


Shanda: Oh they are perfect. I love them!


On the brink of tears I sucked that boy up in my arms and thanked heaven that he has picked up at least one gentlemen like habit from his dad. And it doesn't end with just one bundle of flowers....every time he see's a dandelion out in our yard while playing he has brought it in for me. Who knew I was raising a little ladies man!?!


5 comments:

RAYALITE said...

Ahhhh.So sweet-it's those moments right there that keep "my boyz" living!!ha,ha. I love checking up on you guys. Hey next time you guys come down let us know..we would love to visit with the "gang". And the boys would have a blast together. Maybe we can even get Bec to come????:-)Busy girl!!
Talk to you soon..
Ray

Stewart & Sheila Smith Family said...

WEll make me cry! What a beautiful thing to take after meaning his Dad! I too remember those days when little hands brought me dandelions!
Mom

Reeds said...

flowers from the boys in our life is the greatest. What a sweetie.

Dawn Hancock said...

What a little sweetheart, you are still saving him for Jessi right? Little boys have to push all the wrong buttons before melting your heart. You are such a good mom to you little boys.

melinda said...

What a sweetheart--there is nothing like a flower from a boy you love. Crew is such a fun kid.

Oh and Dr. Cox took out the kids tonsils. I had zero complaints about *him*. It was sort of a dramatic experience in Jacob's case (as I described in my blog), but that was due to his lung issues and he is really doing great now. He is actually SLEEPING at night and he won't stop eating. Emma is doing wonderful as well, and everything went completley smooth with her. In all, I am glad I did it (now). It was scary and not fun, but now that it is over, I think they are much better off. Let me know if you have any questions:)