Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Biggest Loser 2008

Truly inspiring. Those are the words that come to mind EVERY season while I sit (and then feel guilty while I am eating ice cream or some other ungodly junk food item that I am fattening my body up with so when it is over the guilt ridden me attempts to sweat my extra humps off on the elliptical for an hour!) and watch the contestants of "The Biggest Loser." While my attempts of joining the next season have become a bust I have been so touched and motivated by the comments of this seasons winner Ali. A home town girl and the first female biggest loser. She has become a role model for women and certainly one of mine. I can relate to her comments before the show during casting when she said, [I]“literally got fat five pounds at a time.” And that's me....I catch a whiff of something tasty and that's it...there is 5+ more lbs added somewhere unflattering to my body. Her undaunting determination has inspired me to become that person that I have lost. Mind, Body, & Soul. “I was like, ‘Nobody can take this away from me,’ ” she recalled. “I’m going to do it. I’m going to go back there and I’m going to stand on that stage, even if it’s with the at-home people, and I am going to be the Biggest Loser.” With Big J behind me and long for the ride we are "going to do it, nobody can take this away from [us]."


BEFORE:
234lbs

AFTER:
112lbs


“I’m going to continue to go for what I want,” she said. “My physical being is a direct representation of what I feel inside, which is strong and confident and beautiful.”
-Ali Vincent-

3 comments:

Stewart & Sheila Smith Family said...

Shanda, How beautiffuly put! Biggest Looser was an insperation to me this time - maybe because I could relate to that pink team totally. Ya know we don't have to be on TV to live the dream, just got to do it a step at a time. I am going to do it as it is that or not live longer than I hope too! Love you Shanda - you inspire me! Mom

Creative Corner said...

You inspire me too! I watched the show and fell in love with her! It was really good! You have such determintaion, I am inspired and want to be more like you!

Dawn Hancock said...

Hey girl, Ali rocks! She really looked amazing in the finally. It is great to see a woman talk so strong and back up her words by her actions. We can do it too right?! Well 2 1/2 more weeks and then I can breathe a little better. You have such a way with words. You should be a host, or write the script for the show.