Thursday, September 10, 2009

Virgil Whiting Reunion

The Whiting Homestead, is a place that is sacred to many and holds memories that can't be sold. Our family was found on Labor Day weekend at the Virgil Whiting Family Reunion. Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, the dirt, rain, & mud were all in attendance (minus me a couple of days - I was a little too sick to rough it...wink wink. ) My "Fellas" loved the homestead, getting acquainted with cousins, the dirt, and becoming real mountain men! They had all kinds of fun, dancing a jig, listening to stories, crawdad fishing, having mud fights, launching water balloons and roughing it up with ALL the boys!!! I am so thankful to be a part of such a rich heritage of family. I know my 'Whiting Boys' can't wait to go again.

1 comment:

Stewart & Sheila Smith Family said...

Can't wait till next year when we do the Smith thing and it should be way interesting.