Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Birthday Cake for Jesus


The Conversation between mother and son re: Birthdays (that are just around the corner...Trip (27Th) Crew (30Th) & Big J (Jan.5Th)) and yet another very important birthday and its meaning on Christmas day. Here in the chaos of the Whiting Household we have been trying to emphasise the importance of Jesus' birth and teach the rebels that its not all about Mr. Clause and his "magic bag" full of endless toys, but of the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. So in explanation of all the exciting birthdays and party requests Crew asks, "Mom, what kind of cake are you going to make for Jesus' birthday!?!" (and with out any pause from his lips) "Oh, I know....I think he would really like a Transformer cake...do you think you can make a Transformer cake for Jesus!?!"..."You can make Trip a football cake, me a Mickey cake, and Jesus wants a Transformer cake!" I laughed so hard I cried!!! Then I got to thinking and decided yes, I will make a cake for Jesus too! And we will celebrate his birthday with our little fellas on Christmas day and remember His importance in our lives. A new tradition and another "birthday" will be celebrated this season...hey, as far as I see it...what's one more cake to bake for a birthday this month!?!

5 comments:

Amanda and Chad said...

That is such a good idea for a family tradition! That cracks me up, a Transformer cake... so funny! Not only do your boys have cute looks, sounds like have pretty cute personalities too!

Matt and Kaaryn said...

Hey Shanda- So I am coming to Snowflake for Christmas and will be there the weekend after. I thought maybe we could steal Jessie and anyone else and maybe get some lunch on that Saturday. What do you think? I know it is a busy time so don't worry if you can't.

Reeds said...

That is hilarious! And of coarse it would be a transformer cake-very funny!

Stewart & Sheila Smith Family said...

Hey! It doesn't matter what kind of cake it is - just the fact that you did it is wonderful! Great tradition! Love ya.

Kelsey and Dallas said...

shanda i always love reading your blog b/c its so stinkin cute! i gotta figure this whole thing out...but very very cute indeed :)