Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Are you my Mother?

Saturday evening was our typical finishing up random work around the house day, entertaining our little monsters, and thinking about what to make for dinner. That usually consists of our typical evening in the Whiting home that is until I heard a faint cry coming from somewhere nearby in the backyard. I put it off and continued to assist Jason in hanging up the clothes line but the distress signal still was ringing and my motherly instinct new I had to find what seemed to be lost. The search was on...maybe more like Marco-Polo but it wasn't long before I found what had wandered away from its mother......inside our shed in the very back corner was 2 little kittens!!! I think Big J thought I was pulling his leg...trying to get out of being his assistant...and was making it all up BUT to his surprise I walked out of that shed with 2 little fur balls. The boys were ecstatic. It was so much fun (and work) watching our boys with these little babies BUT new we couldn't keep them 1- Honestly don't care too much for cats 2- Our dog was going Ape *you know what* and would have eatin them in one bite 3- and wouldn't you know it...they were both male kittens (I think we have enough testosterone in the Whiting household!) So yet again another search was on...to find the owners of the Mama cat or (IF they had been abandoned) finding them a home. A few phone calls later we found the kittens Mama & the kittens found a new home. They were old enough to be given away and we did both our neighbors a favor!!! It was fun while it lasted....but admit ably I was a little sad to see them go. maybe I am a cat person.....no, I think I will just blame it on my motherly instincts!!!


3 comments:

Julie said...

You know ,I think it's the baby thing that makes you miss em. I think kittens are cute, but really don't like cats AT ALL! I think they are more playful and less slinkky when they are kittens.. heheh!

Dawn Hancock said...

Okay so I am not a cat person either, but those kittys are dang cute. Jessi would have gone nuts. I love to watch kids with animals even if I am not wanting to touch them myself. I personally think you guys need to get Crew and Trip a miniture horse. What kid wouldn't love one of those! :)

Stewart & Sheila Smith Family said...

Well now I am surprised because we used to have a cat named Morris (big orange cat) that used to sleep with you every nap time. Have the picture to prove it. Glad you got them a home cause they were dang cute. Mom