Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Back To School


"....I got my lunch packed up, my shoes tied tight, I hope I don't get in a fight! Oh, back to school....." Thanks to Adam Sandler I can't help but have "The Back To School Song" ring through my head this time of year. For those of you who didn't know this is Crew's 1st year of Pre-School. He still has 2 years before kindergarten BUT we had him tested into the 'Sunbeam' program and he was accepted. (The Sunbeam program is there to help kids that 1-need the social interaction w/ their peers 2- w/ hearing disabilities, speech, ADHD, eye impairments, etc, etc.) The first day we sat and waited for the bus to come to the house (yes, the bus comes to your front door:)). My heart was racing, my throat choked up, and the flood gates were ready to flow.....and then it happened.....it was time for school and.....the bus didn't come! Apparently they had forgot him! So we rushed him to school. He was beaming ear to ear as the school came into view (I thought it might stretch off his face when he walked into the class room!) All in all, Crew's first day was a success!!! And I only let myself cry a little :)

3 comments:

Jamielynn said...

ok seriously that made me cry. I dont want that day to come. Even though we know that is what is best for them....I hate thinking about that!!

Julie said...

Oh, can't believe it! He's such a go getter, I am sure he loves it. Mom told me he just waits at the window in the morning! So neat, but so sad. Hey, gotta let me in on the secret of the header.. way cute!

Creative Corner said...

Shanda, I cant believe I forgot about him going and I just talked to you about it! Oh wowzer! So fun and sad and exciting too. I wish i could squeeze him and watch him when the bus comes. Maybe just me and the girls will do an overnighter! Hope to see you soon. Come and see our house it is getting better!