Friday, July 13, 2007

Thoughts on love.....


"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."-Terri age 4. Touching words from the mouth of babes. What does Love mean? A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds, "What does love mean?" The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. As I read through the answers I couldn't help but feel touched by their sweet little thoughts on love. How right they were in so many ways. I was so touched when I read the quote above. My thoughts seemed to overflow with the love I have for my boys and Jason. Crew's sweet loving spirit when he gives me hugs, kisses, and screams I love you through out the day, Trip's happy smiling face when he wakes up from naps, and Jason's support and loving will to do little things to serve me everyday (even when I'm grumpy!). These little things are what makes my love grow more and more for my family AND "help me smile when I'm tired!" I love you boys!
"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth." Billy - age 4
"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well." Tommy - age 6
"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross." Mark - age 6

3 comments:

Julie said...

K, so Kaitlyn has been sick and I have missed all your new entries. I know it hasn't been that long, but Trip looks so much bigger. They are growing fast, and I truly love your post on love... thanks for helping us appreciate the ones we love. Wanna go to Flagstaff and get some new clothes? Let me know.

Tiff Hunt said...

Thanks for that post Shanda. I loved it. It was so fun to meet you, I am sure we meet before, but it was fun to meet you again. Jason is lucky!! It will be fun to get to know you more. Thanks again for the fantastic post.

Jamielynn said...

Love the new picture of the boys. Hope to see you all at the 24th!!